Goulds Water Technology recognizes graduates with GPDA scholarship
Morton, Grove, Ill. June 23, 2016 – Goulds Water Technology (GWT), a Xylem brand, is pleased to award scholarships to 14 exemplary high school graduates through the Goulds Professional Dealer Association (GPDA). This year, GWT increased the scholarship amount to award an additional $500 per recipient. The students, who reside in the United States or in Canada, will each receive a $1,500 GPDA scholarship for college or technical school.
“Each year, we have the honor of helping 14 young adults pursue their dreams. We are thrilled to assist the future influencers of our industry and look forward to watching them develop in their careers,” said Susan O’Grady, Global Communications Segment Leader, Residential & Specialty, Xylem.
GPDA scholarship recipients are family members of GPDA members. Established in 1969, GPDA is a network of independent water system professionals and is the industry’s oldest and largest dealers association. Since the scholarship’s inception 16 years ago, the GPDA has awarded over $230,000 to 224 recipients.
Congratulations to the 2016 GPDA scholarship recipients:
- Relissa Beth Backman, Wilton, North Dakota
- Emma Badgley, Oconto, Nebraska
- Cortney Blevins, Freeland, Maryland
- Faith Dermer, Friedens, Pennsylvania
- Madison Etzler, Hallettsville, Texas
- Katie Flitcroft, Delevan, Wisconsin
- Taylor Gatesman, Shippenville, Pennsylvania
- Elias Juarez, Oakley, California
- Thomas Mattioni, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
- Kyle Molynuex, Shunk, Pennsylvania
- Taylor Pilat, Flatonia, Texas
- Jess A. Polohonki, Dubois, Pennsylvania
- Chase Preister, Petersburg, Nebraska
- Alexander Truog, Independence, Wisconsin
“This scholarship enables us to give back to both our GPDA members and their children, which is incredibly fulfilling,” O’Grady added.
GWT and the GPDA value the opportunity to help high school graduates pursue higher education and build their careers through the GPDA scholarship, which is based on academic achievement, community service and leadership. Xylem has also created the Future Professional Dealers of America program through GPDA, in which young professionals following in their parents’ footsteps receive technical information, training and support to complement their education.
Independent dealers also receive extensive technical and product training through GPDA. Since GWT established its education center for customers in the early 1960s, the company has graduated more than 20,000 independent dealers and distributors.
To learn more about Gould Water Technology and other Xylem brands, visit www.xylemappliedwater.com.